Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Genesis...Well, Re-Genesis...Of A Non-Smoker

Hi, everyone! 
I haven't posted lately because I have been laid up in bed. First, I had the flu. After the flu, I had one or two days of feeling sub-human, then I caught the worst cold of my life. 

Having the cold was not a huge surprise. I am quitting smoking, so I knew my body would fight me a little. 

Quitting smoking is extra difficult for MS'ers like me. 

Because of my MS, I have to be really careful about withdrawal. Withdrawal can send me into a relapse state. 

For people who don't know, a relapse, in terms of MS means that an ability (like walking) can be lost.

Sometimes, a person can regain the ability. Sometimes, though, it is a permanent loss. I am not ready to lose my ability to walk. Are any of us really ready to be unable to be in a power scooter?

Anyhow, I have opted for E-Smokes as a means of helping to withdraw from the nicotine slowly, while  allowing me to get my oral fixe. I will work on *that* part as soon as I beat nicotine. 

I will be posting my progress as often as I can. I need cheerleaders!


When I post about my efforts to quit, I will post links to the places where I got my E-Smoke. I am not using an e-cig. I am using a personal vaporizer. It is pretty cool. It looks like a green cigar. I like it. 

I am waiting on my first shipment of PG free, organic e-liquid. The PG kind made me a little sick. I am hoping that the lack of PG and preservatives will make the transition easier for me. 

I have already used my Silhouette Cameo to create skins for my "cartomizer". I will be posting the pictures as soon as I catch up on everything I had missed out on while I was laid up. 

This is the most difficult thing I have done. I have smoked for most of my life. 

I began smoking at 13 years old, I will be celebrating my 36th birthday on 10/22. This means that I have smoked for almost two times the length of time that I was a non-smoker. I have quit before; however, this time is different because I have MS. This time, I am going to make it permanent. I do not want to smoke any more. Once this is done, it is DONE.

Whatever your beliefs are, please help me through this. 
Please pray for me. 
Please meditate for me.
Please send kindness, love, and health out into the universe for me. 
Please help me save my own life.
 I need you all.

I love you all! 

Have a beautiful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment